Reasons For Low Libido in Young Women

March 7th, 2013

17081743_sWhat to do if it’s happening to you!

While it’s been a few years since we’ve seen formal studies on low libido in young women, it’s certainly clear to us here at FLO Living that this issue is still happening, maybe even more so than ever. More and more women coming to our virtual center are reporting that their sex drive barely exists whether they are single or coupled, with or without kids. Having no to low libido is a common symptom that sometimes stands on its own, but more often than not is accompanied by other factors: fertility struggles, menstrual difficulties, adrenal fatigue and/or low energy.

If you can relate, then listen up. Because we believe that YOU have the power to shift this trend by making simple dietary and mindset changes. And we believe it because we’ve seen it. Women who go through our WomanCode System report incredible changes in their libido and energy, and we want to see the same happen for you.

To start, let’s identify what could be the cause of your lack in sexual energy.

Main underlying causes of missing libido in women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s:

• Over-working. Keeping up with insane work schedules in addition to other personal obligations adds up to a common result: burnout. As an article in the NY Times this week, The No-Limits Job points out, the generation of workers in their 20s in creative fields are willing to give most of their time and energy away for very little compensation. But even for those who are a little older and getting paid, it doesn’t stop the over-working dynamic. Too much stress and too much demand on your mental and physical energy results in the depletion of your poor little adrenal glands, the powerhouse glands that are responsible for the output of your stress hormones and most of your testosterone, which is where that desire for sex comes from. Increased output of stress hormones means decreased output of juicy sex hormones. You do the math.
  • Birth control or other medications. If you’re on the pill, anti-depressants, or other medication, this something very important to consider when it comes to your sex drive and your hormonal balance, as very often a side-effect is the decrease in sexual desire. We encourage you to talk to your doctor about this potential and partner with other practitioners to find the right kind of support and possibly wean off what is not necessary. Here at FLO, we have information on the birth control pill in particular and would be happy to talk with you about options if you’re considering getting off of it.
  • Masculine energy dynamics. As a result of the demand on women to perform well in business, to sometimes be the primary breadwinner of the family, and to compete with the go-go-go energy of much of the working world, there has been a tendency for many women to get locked into that kind of “masculine” energy, which can be counter-productive when it comes to getting intimate in the bedroom. Getting turned on is not as simple as pushing a button. The fear and anxiety producing part of the brain – the amygdala – needs to be turned off in order for a woman to get turned on, as Dr. Louann Dr. Brizendine, author of The Female Brain, explains in this article with Oprah and Dr. Oz. “It requires turning off the worrywart circuits in the female brain to have an orgasm,” Dr. Brizendine explains. Whether or not you’re in a partnership with a man, you can see why balancing this energy is so important. And for those who are in relationship with a man, remember that your energy also affects his. The more you are in your masculine zone, the less able he’ll feel to exert his.

What you can do to naturally boost your libido

Now that you’ve identified what might be causing your low sex drive, let’s talk about practical tools you can begin using now to get your sexy back.

1. Support your adrenal glands. Especially if a demanding work schedule is a reality for you, you’ll need to take extra good care of your body and in particular your adrenal glands. Alisa recommends Jarrow’s Adrenal Optimizer as one way to begin this process of adrenal support. There’s much more to it, including dietary and lifestyle modifications which we guide you through as part of our online program.
  2. Make pleasure part of your job. Don’t just survive through your day, thrive within it. Adding pleasure to your day in simple non-sexual ways can greatly improve your ability to feel pleasure in the bedroom. Try bringing flowers to your desk or playing music you love during your morning commute. Indulge in body lotions or perfumes (organic, of course!) that make you feel beautiful. Get regular massages. For more ideas check out our favorite pleasure revolutionary, Mama Gena.
  3. Take matters into your own hands. To clarify that one, you need to ask for you what you want, but first know what you want. Make time to research your sexuality. Read tasteful erotica and see what turns you on. Read about your anatomy and the physiology behind turn-on, as mentioned above in the book The Female Brain. Once you know yourself better, don’t be shy to ask for assistance or experimentation from your partner. No partner? No problem. Then you can really take matters into your own hands more often, if you know what we mean ;)

If you’re ready for the next level in achieving a rockin’ libido and balanced hormones, we encourage you to jump on board the WomanCode System which is transforming thousands of women’s lives by bringing them better sex, better periods, and better fertility.

Posted in Adrenal Fatigue, Libido

42 Responses to “Reasons For Low Libido in Young Women”

1. Anney Auster says:

Loss of libido is a common problem that can affect approximately 1 in 5 men and even more women at some point in their life. It is often linked to professional and personal stress or to important life-changing events such as pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding. However, an unexpected loss of libido, especially when persistent over months or recurrent, can also indicate an underlying personal, medical or lifestyle problem, and can be upsetting to both partners in a relationship. Read to know more at: http://bit.ly/18nJBHw

2. Every gathering includes food of some kind to feast on through the function.

Burning PS3 game copy copies appears to be the absolute most practical thing that the liable gamer may do.

3. You can download your favorite films to watch at your personal convenience.

One of the worst offers for selling your Apple iphone 4S is at RadioShack.
    This year, LTE and NFC were at the extremely top of the checklist.

4. Swen says:

It is just a fact that people want to eat. You can be
    sure that any bakery that provides macarons will have a
    flavor that you’ll like. Take a paper and scribble, doodle or draw a huge group.

5. matthew says:

Want to make people visit a blog and don’t know how. Also can you give me a good blogging site that people visit a lot. Do they visit your blog within the blog site or externally?? Thanks..

6. Europe) and serves as a consolation game for the two teams.
    This new marketing for ticket purchase is straightforward.
    Tron Legacy nevertheless didn’t live upto the expectations.

Each of them could watch this movie over and over.

7. bob says:

This is dumb

8. Alejandro says:

I was obsessed with Spanish videos, even before I moved to Thailand.
    Instead, it is possible to investigate for the
    auditions yourself. Most movie studios could have people on-staff that may make movie props toorder.

9. If you are using in a new iphone four then you do not have any problems.

Furthermore they are generally very affordable options and most of the time it is
    not even going to cost you $100.

10. These are some videos it is possible to download for your iPod.
    To obtain this audition, you are able to hire professional help such as for instance brokers.
    It revolves around the life of Oskar Schindler
    who’s a businessman.

11. Amongst all the Apple iPhones I will suggest you to purchase the latest
    iPhone4 is available in two variants ie. Apple has produced this Iphone utilizing ios4 working method that is its own product.

12. LockInfo is an additional app that allows you
    to get notifications for email, skipped phone calls, and schedules.

Do not forget to make a back again up of your data before you do
    the snowbreeze jailbreak obtain.

13. Together with The harsh substances, hair dryers and curlers we use in our hair, the hair nutrients get sapped from us.

Your website has a lot of wonderful photos you will like.
    Wizards are specially common during Halloween.

14. […] Read more about Reasons For Low Libido in Young Women […]

15. Just within my district, there is one in West Wyoming, Pa.
    (The Moonlight) and another in Larksville. If you have not started getting any for your iPod however, you should start shortly.
    So that’s anything worth-mentioning folks!

16. A film treatment would showcase its cheesy looks and oversized throw.
    Until then, here’s a listing of the confirmed
    canceled shows. Lots of these P2P or free DVD download websites are poorly create and handled.

17. I have had my issues in months past, but these first symptoms are beautiful in their execution.
    But, while CSI and Quincy share subject-matter, their
    treatment of it may not become more definitely
    unique.

18. Many scientific studies have confirmed that approximately one third of women in the United States report low libido. Furthermore, approximately 10% of American women are troubled by not having a higher sex drive. Although this problem can affect women of all ages, there is a higher rate of discontent in women aged between 45 and 64.
    How can I enhance my sex drive or even how can I increase my sex drive women?
    must read this: http://www.lovemakingmaximizer.com/

19. rhea says:

I’m 21, and I have been on bc for about 4 Years. I switched to a different brand almost a year ago, and I’ve noticed a sever drop in libido. I have absolutely no motivation and no sexual desire anymore. I have An incredible and sexy boyfriend, and I have even found that other men don’t turn me on. Help!

20. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different website and thjought I should check things out.

I lkke what I see so i am just following you. Look forward
    to looking into your web age for a second time.

Take a look at my web page search engine optimization

21. Sexual problems are becoming very common these days among both the sexes. While some women often complain of female sexual arousal disorder, a lot of men look for medications on how to stop premature ejaculation. Botaniex is a manufacturer which uses natural products to offer permanent, non-surgical and affordable remedies for sexual problems as well as fast weight loss. Its innovative formulae which are the outcomes of years of research offer herbal remedy for erectile dysfunction, nature weight loss and highly potent libido enhancement ingredient. Since these products are all natural and herbal, they are free from the harms of side effects. And you can always trust the site for maintaining confidentiality.

For more information, visit us online- http://www.botaniex.com

22. pb says:

What’s wrong with low libido? Why is it bad for man or woman to have low libido? It isn’t bad at all and actually it should be encouraged, maybe there would be less popping out the babies and families that can’t afford children.

Low libido is the evolution of humans because it means we are evolving from our primitive barbaric side. Sex and sexual visuals is all primitive and was useful ages ago when people had to make babies to populate the Earth. But with further advancements in technology, soon we won’t need sex as it won’t do a thing for us. The primitive genes will be bred out and soon maybe humans will, all around, become better. I am eager for this day.

• Yo says:

You’re a stupid ass person!

• John Smith says:

Yes they are a stupid ass, sex is not all about an animalistic desire to procreate. For many couples its a deep spiritual and emotional bonding experience. I for one believe our emotional connections are part of what delegates us from the animals. Furthermore its about enjoying one another. Obviously, if people are on this page low libido is a problem for them. I could see why no one wants to sleep with this nimrod, but for the rest of us stay positive.

• normaval says:

i im 23 and i am in a relationship for allmost a year now and we love eachoder very much and we both believe that we found THe One for us…are sex life was very VERY active and beautiful..( he is acctualy my first man ) and we had sex litteraly every day sometimes 2 or 3 times…i was the happiest persone alive..i love my boyfriend i love my faily and i love my collage…but two weeks agko i stardet to feel depressed i looked it up i i figured i had seasonal affective disorder, but since it happened the first time so strong i projekted the feeling to my relationship and atardet worrying about WHY AM NOT EXIDET AS I USED TO BE..for egzample when i think about are future together ( but im not exidet about ANITHING im ususali passionte about everything xP traveling, art, reading…) and afcore as a resaulte of all this my libido is allmost non existened and i allso made a HUGE mistake about KONSTANTLY OWERTHINKING my every thaught and checking myself and how i feel expecting my former passion to comme bac any minute…the sun has comme out finaly so i hope that with the stabilisation of weather my mood will change for the better:S

• normaval says:

OMG I AM SSSOOO SRY about the grammar xP im croatian and i ALWAYS write i na big hurry and it always looks like im haveing a stroke xP i hope everyone can understand what im trying say :)

• Chris says:

I totally agree with Yo and John Smith, I could not have said it better myself.

23. Goodstuff says:

Having been on Nuvaring for many years it has completely wreaked havic on my libido. I didn’t really know it was my birth control that was affecting my sexual desire levels. Recently my fiancé has deployed and I have been able to come off of my birth control completely. He has been gone since May and there had been no change to my libido at all since he left. Recently, I was introduced to this all natural product Probio 5 by a coworker/friend of mine and I started taking it the day before Thanksgiving. I started taking two pills initially and felt nothing at first. Then my stomach started cramping slightly so I was told to either increase my water intake or to cut back to one pill a day until my body adjusted to it. So I started taking one pill per day and now three weeks later I feel really good with no cramping at all. My libido is completely changing. I had no desire at all to have sex before. Now I desire it a few times a day (but can’t do anything with him overseas). I also use to be really dry and now I am starting to feel moisture where I had not previously. So now while I know my birth control was decreasing my libido, Probio5 is helping to correct that. It was so bad that I had considered changing to my birth control to the non-hormonal IUD but now I don’t need to do that. Since I am so pleased with this product I decided to become a part time distributor for the company where I can buy the product at a discount and make some money while doing it. Should you be interested in purchasing this product or are interested in an income opportunity, please go to http://www.plexusslim.com/shanty . Just an fyi, one can safely take up to four Probio 5 capsules in a day. I will try going back to taking two just prior to him coming home. I also had the benefit of reduced fatigue, sound sleep and no cramps during my cycle while taking this product. I make no claims as to the benefits of this product for you, however, I couldn’t be happier with it.

24. princess says:

I think that it’s a very individual thing… some women are more comfortable in their own skins, more confident, the changing hormonal mix they encounter during perimenopause (the years of hormonal fluctuations before a woman goes through menopause) can have a positive (or a negative) effect – often the vaginal tissues thin due to those changes and initially can be very beneficial as it makes everything feel much better – in some it can go too far and it ends up feeling more painful. Many women are done having children and their children are older/grown and they have more free time to devote to things they enjoy and to their relationships.

must read this :) http://increasefemalelibido.net/

25. Usually I do not read post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.

26. デュベティカ duvetica duvetica セール http://www.aabwhf.com/

27. Kim says:

What if we have tried this for 7 months but nothing happens? I was on the implanon for 3 years and got off it 7 months ago and nothing has come back libido wise or sex drive. I have been getting frustrated that I cannot have an orgasm and makes sex not appealing what can I do? I have tried everything I even went to my doctor and he prescribed me an anti-depressant! When I found that out I stopped taking it because it was just making me more tired. Please help.

28. looking forward to it, thank you :)