I love New Year’s. It’s the time of year when the feminine energy of creativity and creation takes center stage. It’s when we step back—when the culture expects us to step back—and envision what we want for ourselves in the next 12 months. We tap into our desires to create something out of nothing, to tap into the void, and aspire to new possibilities, opportunities, and connections.
New Year’s is so different than the rest of the year, when the expectation is that we just keep plugging along at our to-do lists without reflection. January 1st is our chance to think about what we really want, how we want to feel, and what we most want to do in the new year.
I’m not always comfortable calling the big-picture planning that happens at New Year “making resolutions.” To “resolve” to do something can feel heavy and uninspiring. Also, most resolutions don’t stick. The vast majority are abandoned by the end of January.
As you look ahead, I encourage you to envision a new reality in which your body is your compass—a reality in which your own innate feminine wisdom guides you (and you listen!). It can help to think of these more as “intentions” or “aspirations” than “resolutions,” (which feels more self-loving and inspirational). I like to list out my aspirations in the present tense, as if they are already happening. Words are so powerful that acting “as if” goes a long way to helping manifest what we want to happen.
Here are some of the aspirations I have for myself and for the whole FLO Living community in the new year:
- We're eating cyclically
- We're exercising based on what's best for our hormonal changes
- We're fully aware that the latest studies in nutrition and fitness didn't include women in their reproductive years, so we keep coming back to doing what's right for our own hormonal reality (instead of blindly following the recommendations set for men)
- We're honoring our need for rest
- We're fully engaging our creativity
- We're being compassionate with our bodies
- We're exploring how to amplify our feminine energy and balance it with our masculine
- We're having more orgasms
- We're planning our work life so we can be productive with less stress
- We're on our phone less and IRL more
- We're spending lots of time with girlfriends
- We're getting into our bodies with dance and fun and raw cacao and CBD
- We're dedicating some of our time and talents to solving some of the world's problems (environmental issues, child trafficking, women's rights, eliminating racism/sexism, dismantling the patriarchy)
What are you aspiring to in the new year? What energy do you want to invite into your life? How do you want to feel? Please tell me in the comments below or leave me a comment on Instagram (or both!).
Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making health choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this – the science of your body is on your side!