The start of a new year is an exciting time, filled with promise and possibility. It's the only time, all year long when it is acceptable to really dream about the future and set intentions, to manifest our hopes and desires, and to create newness out of nothingness. Women (and men) are allowed to bring the feminine energy of creation to the masculine energy of endless to-do lists, and it is the combination of these energies that makes the time so magical. But as women, we have a superpower when it comes to manifesting our dreams: we get the opportunity to dream big, to create something out of nothing, to manifest our hopes and desires, 12 times a year. That’s because our menstrual cycle brings us new year/new you energy once a month. I know this might sound woo woo, but it’s true: our bodies move rhythmically through a creation cycle 12 times each year — and with that knowledge, we can harness new year/new you energy all year long. All we have to do is tune into our cycle, follow our rhythms, and not be afraid to manifest our wildest dreams. You might be thinking: That sounds lovely, but extremely vague. How would I even do that?The secret is that tapping into this natural cycle is easy, and the steps to get there are straightforward and concrete. I’m going to walk you through them right now.
Manifest Your Dreams Every Month
In almost two decades of helping women achieve hormonal balance, I’ve seen one thing over-and-over: manifestation has a mind-body component. When my clients tune in to their cycles—when they understand the unique strengths that come along with each of the four phases of the 28-day cycle—they start to experience changes. Big things start happening in their home lives, in their careers, and within themselves. Here’s a step-by-step guide to tuning in:Step 1: Know your period. If the idea of tracking your cycle is brand new, the first step is to identify where you are in your cycle and learn how each phase feels both physically and emotionally. In the beginning, it can help to track your symptoms with the MyFLO app. I recommend continuing to track your period indefinitely, but after some time you will begin to intuitively feel where you are in your cycle. Step 2: Engage in phase-based self care. What does it mean to practice phase-based self care? It means feeding your body what it needs during each phase of your cycle and nourishing your endocrine system with the right micronutrients. It also means aligning your exercise with your unique, ever-shifting hormonal needs each month. Step 3: Address your specific period problems. Hormone imbalances in the body often have similar (and connected) root causes, but you can tweak your approach to easing your period problems based on your specific symptoms. You can eat to help ease acne or tailor your meals to ease endometriosis. You can take specific steps to address bloating and work to treat fibroids naturally. You can even modify your meals to tame terrible PMS. Step 4: Embrace your feminine energy. The idea of “feminine energy” might seem far out, or it might seem like something exterior and irrelevant (like how you dress or style your hair). But feminine energy is something far deeper and more intrinsic. Embracing your feminine energy is about embracing the incredible strengths you have during each phase of your monthly cycle and learning to harness them in a way that allows you to achieve your personal, professional, romantic, and spiritual intentions and manifest your dreams. Step 5: Treat the beginning of every cycle as the beginning of a new year. Remember how I mentioned that we get the chance to embark on a journey toward a new self not once a year but 12 times a year? That’s thanks to the new year/new you energy that every menstrual cycle brings.
Here’s how approach each phase to manifest your dreams each month:
- Your next period – Feel into the main areas of your life (your relationship, work, interests, plans). How do you feel about them and how do they make you feel? What do you desire as a result of this investigation? What do you want to transform? This is a good opportunity to journal about those feelings and desires that you wish to create. This stage is all about intuitive feelings and emotions.
- During your follicular phase – This is when you can plan out the specific goals you want to work toward this month. During this phase, planning and strategizing are your super powers. You’ll have boundless energy and feel very hopeful and optimistic (and ambitious!) about the month ahead.
- During your ovulatory phase – This is the best time to communicate to everyone (your partner, your work colleagues, your boss) what you are working on this month. You’ll have great speaking skills right now and can be very clear and concise in your explanations. You’ll also be convincing and persuasive, while keeping a helpful level of empathy and understanding of other’s perspectives and needs.
- During your luteal phase – This is the time to take action to bring your goals to completion. This is a great time to bring projects to fruition. You’re creatively minded, but also happy to put in the necessary heavy-lifting to get things done.
- Your next period – Now you’re back where you began. Evaluate the past month’s progress and really feel into the problems you may have faced and what you have achieved. You might consider changing course or starting again with a new approach. How has this month made you feel? What things do you want to transform in the coming month? It’s a new opportunity, your own personal “new year” every single month.
Imagine what having 12 opportunities to make forward progress would do in your upcoming year? This new year, I hope you join me in taking advantage of the powerful momentum that your body brings to manifesting your dreams.Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making healthy choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this – the science of your body is on your side!
Is Your Period Healthy?
How do you know if your hormones are healthy? The answer is in your 5th vital sign – your period.The color of your flow, frequency of your period, and symptoms you have each month can tell you a lot about your health. There are 5 different V-SIGN TYPES, and knowing which one you have will help you get healthy now and prevent disease in the future.